Dr. Williams of Meridian Animal Clinic has expertise in performing a variety of soft tissue and orthopedic procedures. Offering a wide range of surgical services; you will find a partial list below.
Soft Tissue Surgery involves the body’s tissue, organs, and skin. The surgeries we offer include the following:
- •Spay (Ovariohysterectomy)
- •Neuter (Castration)
- •Biopsy or excision of abnormal growths
- •Removal of foreign materials causing an obstruction in the digestive tract
- •Removal and retrieval of uroliths causing bladder and urethral obstructions
Orthopedic Surgery involves correcting problems with the musculoskeletal system. These include:
- •Repair of fractured bones (This may include pining or plating the broken bone)
- •Repair of dislocated joints
- •Repair of luxating patella (knee cap)
- •Repair of ruptured or torn ligaments
Since every pet is unique, our veterinarian will evaluate your pet and create an anesthetic protocol best suited for your pet’s needs before the procedure. In order to ensure better anesthesia for your pet with fewer problems or complications, Dr. Williams will take into consideration your pet’s species, breed, age, and health.
We utilize advanced monitoring of vital signs for early recognition and correction of problems. We also have an established pain management protocol to keep your pet as comfortable as possible before, during, and after your pet’s procedure. We recognize that your pet will recover and heal faster and better after a procedure if pain is properly managed. Our doctor will work with you and tailor pain management and recovery to your pet’s specific needs.